Xrumer Tutorial – Self-indexing, Self-Promoting Xrumer blasts
What’s one of the main problems with xrumer blasts? Getting all these lowly forum posts indexed and building backlinks back to them. Many people don’t bother. It’s a nuisance, and typically it’s the outer tier of the promotion scheme anyhow. What if I told you it was as easy as including a file_link tag?
Xrumer 7 has some great new features… One being that you can now control how Xrumer7 CACHES the files used within your projects. Sounds very dry, however this is an important update, and you’ll understand why in a minute.
Due to this new feature (introduced in Xrumer 7, beta 5) – you can now turn OFF the cache of the #file and #file_links macro. What does this do for us? It’s simple. It allows us to use files that it is CURRENTLY creating DURING the spam run. Why is this so awesome? Because we can add something like this, to your project post template:
#file_links[c:\xrumer\Logs\(put your current project name here)\Anchors id###.txt,10,L]
Using the #file_links[filename.txt,10,L] macro allows you to call a text file from your server, and post a random line from it, or several, in a list format (or single line with space in between). Most people use this to add url lists that they want to promote to their posts. They create a text file of urls they want to promote, and call it in that macro, and then Xrumer, as it’s posting, will grab x # of urls from it and post it in the thread it’s creating. But usually, you have to create that file prior to creating and running your project. With Xrumer 7′s new cache option – you can change this to have it NOT cache these files, therefore – you can have it call a file and post whatever is in it, even as it’s being changed or created while Xrumer is running.
We all know Xrumer creates a log – an “anchors_id###.txt” file during every blast. In that file (which is located in your project folder, which is within the LOGS folder), it adds BBCode formatted urls, 1 per line, using the title of the post as the anchor text. It gives you a list of urls it’s created for you. By creating a project with some post content, you add your links you want to promote in the content like normal, but you can now ALSO add a file_links macro pointing to the anchors text file log it’s GOING to create during the blast. What this does is randomly select links from the CURRENT blast it’s promoting – thus creating a random, open-ended link-wheel. This is basically getting links to your current blast, as it’s blasting, thus helping promote the blast, but this also helps get the threads you are posting INDEXED. You do all this in ONE shot! It’s no longer necessary to send your blasts to some paid service to get indexed. It’s doing this AS it’s blasting! I’ve been doing this for weeks now, and the results are amazing. Let’s go through how to do this, one step at a time.
1. First, you need to edit your xuser.ini file, located in your Xrumer folder. (Make sure Xrumer isn’t loaded while you edit these txt files – and probably a good idea to backup any file you edit). See screenshot:
2. Search for “URLLOAD_CASHTIME=” – the default setting is 120. Change it to 0 to turn it off. See screenshot:
3. Load up Xrumer and create a new project.
4. Add your post content how you normally would. Add any links you are promoting with this blast in the normal fashion.
- Since you don’t have any urls in the anchors txt file in your logs folder (because you haven’t run this project yet) – we’re going to hold off adding the macro to call the anchors file.
5. Start your blast. Once you get 10 or so sucessful posts, stop the run.
6. Edit the current project. In the post content – add this line somewhere:
Note regarding that macro:
- I’m assuming c:\xrumer is your xrumer folder.
- “projectname” you would obviously change to the projectname.
- “Anchors id###.txt” will vary, depending on the linklist ID# you are spamming. If the linklist filename you are using is, for example: LinksList id400.txt – then the anchors txt file would be “Anchors id400.txt”. You can verify what the file is (and verify there’s urls currently in it) by just going into your logs folder, looking for your project folder, then checking what the anchors txt filename is in there – that’s what you will use in the macro.
7. Preview the post – you’ll now see anchor text links of the 10 last posts you just posted before you stopped the run. If you don’t see that – then the macro command you added is wrong somehow.
8. Save the project.
9. Continue the blast from where you left off.
10. That’s it! You are now blasting with much more power than before. All your posts will have links randomly pointing to previous submissions you’ve just done – therefore aiding in the indexation of your current blast, AND promoting it, making it more powerful at the SAME time. This is incredibly powerful.
This tutorial is for the Botmaster Tutorial Contest